Monday, August 5, 2013

SMASH what?


Organizing, DIYers, SMASH books and staying busy. 
What a fun weekend it has been! Now back to Monday, a whole new week!
 
I am always looking for something new to organize around here and I never have any problem finding something to work on. Actually, I've got a pretty long to do list that I can work on during my short breaks between semesters!

I spent some time cleaning up the craft room last week and noticed that I needed to find somewhere for my hundred of sticker organizers to live.




 I was running out of space-I either needed to reorganize the closet in that room or find one place to store all of these stickers-stickers that I use for scrap booking and have been gathering for as long as I can remember!



I decided to no tackle that closet and to create a sticker binder instead. I have a couple of hanging file folder boxes and these little organizers full of stickers and scrap paper.

I took everything out and sorted by themes, placed in page protectors, stuck a sticky note with a label on each and placed them in a binder! Fast and easy to find and to do! I made a separate binder just for lettering stickers. I have a lot more of these and use them more often then the rest!

TA DA!!


Whenever I spend time in the craft room I get that itch to do something with all of my crafty things I love. You name it, I probably have it. Between painting, drawing and everything else I love to do, I have plenty of things to get it done! I even find Andrew in there looking for supplies when he is building his airplanes. 

He has his own space in the basement where he buildings things like remote controlled planes and cars.  We go out to the park a few times a week and he will fly one of his planes that he has been working on and then we will do our long walks! Here is one of his latest projects. 


Anyways, one of my favorite things to do is to climb in my bed, turn on a good show and surround myself with pens, markers, pencils, water colors, scissors, glue, washi tape, stickers and all of that fun stuff. I will find a book and start drawing,painting, jotting things down or doodling. Its a good way to spend my me time. :)

Little did I know that these books that I have been doing all of these things in for as far back as I can remember, like the middle school years, are now being marketed and sold in stores as SMASHbooks.Whoever came up with the thought to sell this idea in stores was a genius. Go them! 

When I hit the stores to grab some organizing supplies I was also on the look out for a new doodling book. I have hundreds of them from the past years.  I came across these SMASH books, which I have seen in the past but was not sure what they were. I jumped on pinterest and found some boards where people have shared their SMASH books. There is a whole world of these books that I didn't even know about. These look like fun so I grabbed one and thought Id try it out. Its kinda nice to already have a book put together for you and I just got started making it my own. I went with the "Pretty Pink" styled book!









Its a good relaxing way to get things on paper. Now, if they could just make everything water proof so I could do this in a nice bubble bath with a  bottle glass of wine that would be even better! ;)

Today is my last day of  summer break before going back to work at PAT and I only have two weeks until classes and my practicum start! Ahhh!!!  Its a bit overwhelming to think that starting this month I will not only be babysitting, but Ill be starting my work as a hospice social worker, back to being an educator AND back to being a student. Yikes.

However, before all that crazy stuff begins we have one last project to finish around here. FINALLY getting my DIY headboard completed! :) The boards are stained and ready to be put in place-as soon as Andrew is ready to put them there that is. Maybe this evening!




Here is a sneak peak! Look at my cute handy man at work! 

Ok, now back to my day of doing NOTHING, as it will be my last for at least a few months! 

Karah

No comments:

Post a Comment