Saturday, August 10, 2013

Advocare 24 day challenge wrap up!

Well, that's a wrap folks!
Thursday was day 24 for me and I am done with the Advocare challenge!
Honestly, It was a pretty easy challenge. I didn't cheat and I stuck with it which was only hard when it came to having a drink or two on the deck with friends over the summer weekends. I'm not really a picky eater and I stick with the same foods for a while. So it was easy to find things I liked and stick with them. 

I have high hopes in getting my mom to start eating clean, I have to stop and remember that it might not be as easy for people to give up certain foods as It was for me. I gave up things all at once with starting the challenge so I didn't really have time to thing about it and I had already done the hard part about a year ago. Giving up soda and fast food!! While i was ok with not eating fast food, soda...that was HARD!

I did however, pick up a nasty coffee habit a year ago as well. I like a little coffee with my creamer and sweetener packets. Yuck, I cringe now when I think about how much of that crap I was drinking. 

But with Spark, that too was an easy thing to give up. I will go back to coffee, as spark inst always in the budget, but I will be using all natural sweeteners and using a lot less of it too! I will also do more herbal teas instead of so much coffee. 

I came across this picture in Pinterest and thought that would be a great way for somebody to start out slow and ease into the clean eating way of life.

Any who,
Don't worry, I've already dropped a few hints that a Keurig would be a great Christmas present this year. :)
Another thing that I put on that list was an individual smoothie maker. One that I can blend and take with me to go. I have been making my own clean and healthy breakfast shakes when I don't have time to sit down to have a carb and protein in the mornings.
I have been waiting on my Gostaks and Erin Condren Life Planner in the mail this past week so I am constantly checking for packages. Well the Thursday I had a package come in the mail but I was confused because I hadn't bought anything from that specific place, but it had my name on it, so I opened up the box to find the smoothie maker! AWESOME! But how the heck did I get this when I didn't even order it..

So I thought...who would send me this? My first thought was my mom just ordered it and my second thought was my Grandma Wanda who mails me things and is always so thoughtful....
Well, called my mom and she promised she had no idea what I was talking about so my next stop was to get a hold on Wanda but Andrew came home with a big smile on his face... 
It was him, he found one online and got it for me! It was a nice surprise for my successful 24 day challenge! He continues to tell me how proud of me he is for making healthy choices! :)

I've got some amazing people in my life... I am truly blessed!

Ok, so...wrapping up this challenge, here is an end of challenge picture to be compared to day 1!
 Here is day 1 at 164lbs.
 This picture is a day after the last day-day 25. 157 lbs.


I didn't end up dropping a ton of weight, but I did drop a healthy amount for those 24 days. I am also down a size in my pants and inches all over! All of my summer clothes-shorts that I bought end of summer last year and beginning of summer this year are now falling off. I literally do not have to unbutton or unzip any of them to get them on or off. haha :) I think I will keep them because that's a great feeling!
Andrew and I had a date night last night and he had to put a new notch in my belt for me. My jeans were falling off.  :)
Btw, I opted out on the ice cream stop that Andrew just had to make after we had dinner. I had looked into making  clean banana ice cream earlier that day so I knew I can eventually  have ice cream, just not from dairy queen! Mine will be better too!
For dinner we went and had our favorite sushi..Sorry guys, sushi is just one thing I will NEVER give up! We don't get it too often anyways. We didn't get out the door until 7:30 so we were starving once we got there and Andrew thought we really needed an appetizer. I agreed as long as it wasn't fried!! They had edamame on the menu, along with stuffed mushrooms...fried stuffed mushrooms.. :( I LOVE stuffed mushrooms....
So, we ordered.....edamame and had our sushi shortly after. I know, I know...that white rice is not good for you or clean...But....it really was a goooooood cheat meal! 

OH, and a very yummy glass of wine! I let myself have one glass and kept myself from ordering a second or third glass... 


I also wanted to share this link to a site that has some great clean eating information! Good ideas on food and ways to shop!
You can find it here!


Karah xoxo



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information....really needed..Advocare has products for energy, losing weight, getting healthy and sports performance.With the discount you choose to SAVE money or EARN money. Join us, and we will help you find what you're looking for.
    Advocare challenge

    ReplyDelete