Thursday, August 8, 2013

DIY Headboard!

So excited to share my new headboard with you all! I was looking around pinterest for a DIY headboard and saw a bunch of different styles that I loved and thought I would try to tackle one on my own.

It was..well easy for Andrew to help me put together but, on my own, it would have been a tough project. I'm not a really very good with tools.

Anyways, here ya go...
Here is our bedroom before our new headboard! 
Yes, we have a bed in the shape of a circle.
its Ikea.....
 ....... yeah, idk....But hey its a king sized bed with the rounded sides! Very nice for when you have a chihuahua who likes to kick at night! :)

 We ventured to Menards and found 7ft boards, dark cherry stain, long heavy duty nails and a paint brush.
 Andrew got to work staining the boards. I planned on doing this all on my own, however, he said my arms were to short to give it the right brush strokes..haha..whatever...

 It took about...an hour to get everything measured out and placed in the correct spot. It really felt like 5 hours. 
Andrew and I don't  make a great team because he is a tad OCD and likes to really plan things out and do it the right way..I like to just get shit done..asap! So, with his help....it might not have been done super duper quickly, but It was done correctly and it looks great. 
I just have a hard time waiting for him to get things done..correctly. :)

 This was about 8pm, after a long day at work..So excuse the crazy hair and no make up look that I am rocking here but the headboard turned out great! Bay and I love it...oh yea, so does Andrew!! THANKS BABE!!! ;)


All in all...this ended up being a $50 project with the materials we bought. Andrew also went back t the store and bought a stud finder which was another $16. I am pretty happy with it, considering every headboard I have found started out around $150!

It was easy and something fun we were able to do together..and by do together, I mean Andrew did it while I hung around and nodded my head when he asked how it looked! :) haha I love my man!


BTW, today just happens to be day 24, the last day of my advocare challenge! WOOOWHOOOO! I'll post a wrap up soon.



Karah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment