Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I'm through with you, la dee da!



Updates on day 1 and 2 of my 10 day herbal cleanse!!!


Mama always told me that I should play nice
She didn't know you when she gave me that advice
I'm through with you
LA DEE DA



I think that might be my favorite song to jump into the car and  jam out to right now! Done, by The  Band Perry! Right now I'm singing it to all of the yucky foods that I've been in love with for so long, were breaking up!! ;) This also makes me feel better when I am craving a NICE BIG SLICE OF PIZZA!!! YUM!!! 

Honestly, if you put it in front of me right now I wouldn't even be tempted to eat it. I'd probably read the ingredients and tell Andrew about all the crappy stuff he is eating. haha Poor Andrew, I'm sure he is getting sick of this already and its only DAY 3 of my 10 day herbal cleanse!!!

 WOOOOOHOOOOO!! Its day 3!!!! :)

So, what were my first two days like...?
Hold on a second while I run to the bathroom!! I have to pee!!!!
ok..not really..But..really!
I have been drinking a little over a gallon of water each day on the cleanse and going potty every 20 to 30 minutes!!!!!! ......Ain't nobody got time for that.

BTW, saying the word pee, it makes me cringe!! Maybe its because I've worked with children for as long as I can remember, but I prefer to use the word potty much more then pee. Also, I hate the words poop and fart...To my ears, when I hear adults or children say them you would think they just cussed me out! haha  Weird..I know.
Anyways, back to my gallon and something intake of water a day... These tumbler cups, which are everywhere these days are great for drinking lots of water. I have about 100,000,000,000 something of them in my house. I just make sure to keep filling these bad boys up during the day. I can get 3 cups of water with each refill!

My mom just gave me this cup before starting the cleanse! Yes, I am an obsessive dog lover..Well, animal lover!

These are great too!! Found this pack at Sams club for just $20 which is what it typically costs to buy one cup, lid and straw on its own.


Other than having to do the potty dance anytime I was not near a potty or busy doing something, I feel GREAT! I typically eat the crap out of processed (get it, get it...? ha), not so natural and yucky (but yummy!) foods. I'm sure my body is very confused. However, so far though, my body is loving me even more for making a change in my diet.  I have been working two 14 hour days and one 6 hour day each week this summer and those two 14 hour days really get me. Waking up at 5am is awful. I LOVE my sleep. I'm talking I don't feel right if I'm not getting 11 or 12 hours a night! I could go to bed at 7pm every night....Some nights I do!

I starting taking Spark which is an Advocare product a few days before starting the cleanse and I gave up my coffee. Surprisingly, I have not missed my coffee which I had to have EVERY MORNING to feel like I could somewhat function. 

Here is what Spark entails!


I drink a Spark first thing in the morning.Typically mix it and drink it as I am getting dressed and ready for the day. I've tried watermelon, a berry mix and pink lemonade which is my favorite and is the flavor I ordered to drink on my cleanse. I have energy all day long and can't even talk my body into my typical power nap, yes, even with 12 hours of sleep I could still take a nap! I don't feel like I'm dragging, especially on my 14 hour work days. Which is AWESOME!


Shortly after my morning spark, I drink lots of water and take my Advocare fiber drink. Yuck. Its not so yummy, however, I mix 4 oz of orange juice and 4 oz water and  then fiber mix together and chug. I typically down this in about 6 or 7 gulps! After that I again drink lots of water and have a cup of fruit or 3 egg whites and I am STUFFED!

it even looks nasty!













A couple hours later I have to have my second morning meal and I've found that I like doing 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats with a dash of cinnamon. I get my complexed carbs in and it keeps me full!
On day 2 I tried it with raisins...I ended just up picking them all out. I could eat oatmeal plain. Again, I drank lots of water.

Lunch time has been a salad with chicken, nuts and olives. Day 1 I just did a salad with fruit and I found that I was still hungry. I read that I needed to add a complex carb so day 2 I added brown rice. It was actually good and filling! Again, I drank lots of water!



With being so busy, I found it is easiest to always have chicken already baked in the fridge. I also made up two dinners on day 1 because I knew I would not be able to be home to cook on days 2 or 3. So I took 2 lbs of extra lean turkey meat and used 1 lb for meatballs and 1 lb for meatloaf. Neither of which turned out as pretty as they had last time I made them. I will have to compare recipes, as I switched it up a bit to make it a healthier and all natural meal. Both still tasted pretty good! Also, I had asparagus on the side! Yuck.. And..again, I drank lots of water!

I had to pack two lunch boxes to have my meals for my 14 hour work day, but I was well prepared even though I was busy!
My "I love my chihuahua" lunch box! Told you I was a bit obsessive!




Yes, I was hard to not chow down on the kids mac n' cheese and chicken nuggets at dinner or their ice cream sandwich....Really hard...But I ate my yummy and healthy food instead. 

I've learned with Weight Watchers that your weight can fluctuate and that it is best to only weight yourself on the same day, at the same time, once a week every week. SO, my weigh in days will be Mondays! It can truly drive you crazy if you step on that stinking scale every morning. Trust me, I've done it. My body feels good and I have energy and right now, that is enough for me!

Sorry for the super long post. I had planned on posting after each day, however, that's not going to happen. I've just been too busy! Last night when I got home after my 14 hour work day all I wanted to do was spend time with Bailey. Oh and Andrew of course and that's what I did. At bed time I took my herbal cleansing pills which I call my horse pills. These guys are HUGE! Again, drank lots of water and got ready for bed after catching up on Pretty Little Liars! What on earth did I do before tvo????? 

Hopefully, Ill have time to post tonight or tomorrow on day 3 so it is not as long next time however, FINALS are coming up in my summer classes, so again, I'll be busy. Wahhh.

BUT....

Y'all come back now, ya hear!
(haha my Me maw always says this and Andrew makes fun of me when I do. Shes from Texas!)


Karah



No comments:

Post a Comment