Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hey cancer, you suck!

Today is day 9!! 
 One more day to go and I am done with the cleanse phase of this challenge! I will be going onto the max phase for another 14 days.

These past 10 days have flown by! I think day 6, which was Saturday was probably the hardest for me. I knew I was halfway done, but I really wanted a bottle glass of wine!! We had some friends over for a BBQ both Saturday and Sunday. I pushed my want for some wine aside while Andrew and our friends enjoyed some yummy beers on the back deck... 

Andrew made me a turkey burger with grilled mushrooms instead of buns! It was actually really good. I LOVE mushrooms so I didn't mind skipping out on the bun. However, the boys (Andrews good friends, I always refer to them as the boys) had baked beans with their burgers...Yumm..I think I love baked beans more than wine..That was hard. But I decided to stay on track and it was worth the suffering! ;)


I have been getting somewhat bored with my meals. Mostly because I have been so busy that I haven't had time to get creative.
One night this past week I tried fish with onions and green beans. I loved the fresh green beans!

I was able to sit down yesterday and get a bit more organized. I got started on a meal planning system that will be very helpful in grocery shopping and planning ahead on our meals. (Post to come later!) For me this is really key to staying on track with my clean eating with such long work days.

So, now that this cleanse is coming to a close, I knew I wouldn't have time to post tomorrow, day 10 due to another 14 hour work day, but so far I am down 3lbs and I have lost a few inches between my tummy, arms and legs. I still have plenty of energy and feel great!

Am I sad that I'm only down 3lbs? Heck no, I know how my body works and for me to successfully lose weight and keep it off, I have to do it in a healthy way and dropping a lot of weight at a quick rate isn't healthy. I'm so excited to have rid my body of processed foods and everything that comes with it. I am now only 15lbs away from my goal and I've still got another 15 days to go on this challenge! I was stuck for so long, not being able to even drop a pound so I am pretty excited to see my hard work paying off.

My mom, as you might know from my first post, was told at the start of the summer that she has stage 2 colon cancer. They quickly got her in for surgery and did their best to remove all of it. As far as we know they were successful and she is on her way to recovery and we got the news that there's going to be no chemo for now!! 
Man, cancer really blows! 
 Yesterday my mom was telling me that she has had zero energy since her surgery. We know her body is still recovering, but even after the recommended recovery time has passed she can't keep up. 
If you know my mom....You know she is never down. She is ALWAYS GOING so for her this is really hard and its hard for me to see too.

I have really loved my results with this cleanse and how much energy I have now, so I think my mom too is going to try some Advocare products like Spark and really change up her diet with clean eating. I don't know that we will do a cleanse until we talk to her doctor, just because of where her cancer was but I really feel like Spark will give her a boost and she will love it. That is what we are praying for anyways... Add that to eating clean and ridding her body of processed foods-I am hoping it will do wonders for her.
Have I mentioned how much cancer really SUCKS!!? ..it sucks.


Karah

No comments:

Post a Comment