Sunday, March 23, 2014

When you feel like quitting...




When you feel like quitting...think about why you started!






Because I wanted to be myself again.
Because I wanted to learn how to eat healthy.
Because I wanted to feel confident and comfortable in my own skin.
Because...who wants to feel heavy? Not me....But I did.
Because I didn't want to feel trapped.
Because I didn't want to be limited to what I could do or feel like I was being held back in any way!
Because I was having daily headaches and health problems more and more as I got older. (Due to the foods I was consuming)

Why allow yourself to feel any of those things when you can make simple choices to change it all?

For me, having this weight on me was not ME. This isn't what I knew or what I was used to..I still have a lot to lose, but in those pictures I was almost 200lbs.

Between 2009 and 2010 I've lost 60lbs since. Gained back 45lbs, lost 20, gained it back...so on and so on..

LOVE those yo-yo-diets! Sure, you can find an easy way out, but you better believe its going to be easy to put it back on too!

When I feel like quitting, I think about being almost 200lbs and the types of foods I ate.. I think about how much I have learned since then...Even if I don't get down to a size zero (AND THAT IS NOT A GOAL OF MINE! HA) I know how to live a healthy lifestyle. I know how to give my future children healthy choices one day too.

Today, I can't believe I ever thought it as ok to eat fast foods all week, every week. Don't have time to cook? Order a pizza...Didn't pack a lunch? Grab some fast food. Skipped breakfast? I'll grab something at QT.

YUCK!....

Here is what that will do to you after you....
It only took me a year to gain those 60lbs...scary, huh?





Those are my senior pictures....And the last two are ME a year later! Yup...hiding behind everybody and everything! ha

I was living on my own, eating more fast food and I was out of high school, so I wasn't dancing anymore.
Yikes.



My journey with AdvoCare from July to now! I am still going!!!


I stopped my yo-yo diets and got busy doing it right---It has been a journey, but a fun one at that! I'm so happy I made the lifestyle change! I feel great, I have energy and confidence again and I know this is something that will last a lifetime..No more crazy diets...no more crazy weight gain or weight loss.. I know how to keep this in check! :)


Karah

1 comment:

  1. Wow, You look fantastic. I really enjoyed the advocare program too. The results are amazing.

    ReplyDelete