Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Jumping back on the bandwagon!

Well, I did it. I graduated with my BSW in May! The follow Monday I started my "big girl" job utilizing my degree!! :) I am now the Director of Social Services for a skilled nursing facility. I LOVE my job and I love all of the new faces, the new experiences and knowledge that I have gained so far! Its funny, before my practicum, I never would have guessed this is where I would be in life! I am happy I took chances and tried something new.

With this wonderful job, came a large work load and lots of over time hours. I took over when both the director and assistant left the company so I have been on my own. Like I said I love what I a doing so the extra hours don't bother me. :) The problem is....with all of my life changes that have happened since May; finals, graduation and a new job....I have been hardly staying afloat energy wise and just feeling exhausted. Things are really starting to slow down and I am trying to get into a routine so I can not continue to make excuses when It comes to meal preps and workouts... 

Yeah.....I've been slipping...I've been feeling a little burnt out along with being exhausted....It happens and thats ok, but I have to know when to jump back on the bandwagon and knock it off! I am hiring a new assistant within the next week and with that my over time hours will be less and less so I will have ZERO excuses!! 

Yup. I said it!!! ZERO!!

I have not stopped my meal preps, I just have let myself have a few more cheat meals during the week than I am comfortable with. I am maintaining not losing and that is  not the goal here!

Did I mention the cheese nips and ice cream that I have had way too much of over the past few weeks...? Yup. I know, I know.....

In 2 weeks I am going to start another very strict 24 day challenge! Just like my first, 1 year ago this month!! Cutting out ALL of the crap and getting back to serious work out schedule 5 days a week instead of 2 or 3 days a week!

I can do this, I will reach my goal! 

The wedding is only 4 months away after all!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!



Here is one of our engagement pictures we had done a month ago! :)

Taking these pictures just reminds me how far I have to go still in this journey...I love our pictures, my boys look great and I am so excited to have some great pictures of us all together!! However, I hate seeing myself and I hate thinking...is this what I really look like? Time to get going and keep losing!!!!

Jumping back on the bandwagon! Who is with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment