Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hello World!!!

HELLO JAZZERCISE WORLD!!!! How have I gone 24 years without you? 


So, I HATE HATE HATE HATE (I could go on) HATE HATE (okay you get it) working out. I love feeling like worked my butt off, but I don't like how boring it would be to get there. I don't like getting up early, going to a gym full of people I don't know and counting down the minutes until I got enough time on the treadmill to feel productive enough to go home. Blahhh

So, what did I do? I begged for a treadmil and couple weights for Christmas a few years ago. I GOT ONE! Andrew surprised me and I convinsed myself that I enjoyed that SO MUCH MORE than going to a stupid  gym. ha. Well, I would get my booty on the treadmil religoiusly for....3 weeks at a time every few months and then I was over it.
AND REPEAT....over it.
AND REPEAT......over it. So on and so on for a few years.

blah.blah.blah.
Well..I wasn't losing weight (nor was I eating right), I was gaining weight. Clearly this was not working for me. ha.

So...20lbs heavier, I found AdvoCare (yea, you've heard this story already, I wont go there!!) and I started eating better and losing weight. YAY! BUT, I did not start working out. 
I just hadn't made that commitment yet. Yup, I still despised the gym and the treadmill.

Once we got engaged (right before the holidays of course!!!) I knew I needed to get seriously serious about this health thing! For serious guys! :) I have to pour myself into a very form fitting beautiful wedding dress in October! AND I will be the center of attention for a whole day. 
Awesome. Not.
So...here we go. I set new goals and Im going to make this happen! I am now on a mission and when I get something in my head I am obsessed until I reach my goal!!

I looked into a few things and found Jazzercise through my AdvoCare coach who is an instructor! I tried it, it loved it and now Im addicted! 
Were going on 3 weeks and I go religiously 6 days a week! I would go 7 days a week but Andrew really gets on me about giving my body a break because I can be a FUN SUPER CRABBY BIATCH when I am exhausted! :) 

Let me just tell ya, Jazzercise makes me exhausted! It feels great and its so much fun, but it kicks my butt! :)

Since I have started working out after new years and then adding in Jazzercise I am dropping inches like crazy! Its a wonderful feeling and I am hooked!
 Which is how I have gotten from here to here in a matter of months now!



I'm not where I want to be just yet, but I am getting there!!!

June 2013
Jan. 2014

Jan. 2014

So, I wanted to share a little bit about what I am doing, what AdvoCare products I am using and foods I'm eating eating to help my friends who are doing the AdvoCare challenge too!





I upped my protein intake each meal from 4oz to 5/6oz. 3x's a day.

Upped my veggie intake. Unlimited and at each meal. ALSO my night time snack.
Cut my carb intake in half. I will do 40z of carbs at breakfast and lunch only.
I cut my sugar intake as well-I will do 4oz of fruit 2x's a day. Fruit at my first two snacks of the day.
I had to increase my healthy fats because I really wasn't doing enough. (Surprised? Me too) 2oz. of healthy fats 2xs a day. So I do this with my fruit/snacks.

NO carbs at dinner and NO fruit after dinner. :)
The only things I allow myself to have after dinner are veggies and or proteins! 
Can't forget my gallon of water each day too!

NOW for AdvoCare!!!! What am I taking?? MY FAVORITES!


meal replacement shakes, chocolate mocha being my favorite right now! You can find this here as well as the product information. I will do one for breakfast a couple times a week as well as half a shake before a work out as a snack! :)




Catalyst! I LOVE this stuff!! Its like liposuction in a bottle!!!!! You can find it here along with the product information. I take 3, 9xs a day! Most only take 3, 2xs a day. Did I mention how much i LOVE this stuff?? Its great for maintaining/repairing muscle during work outs!

MNSMAX3! Its another must have! I use these 3 combined (plus spark) and I feel so wonderful!! You can find it here along with the product information.

OH! Can't forget my spark! You can also find it here! I have been in love with the fruit punch flavor lately!!

I've also added in some OmegaPlex and ThermoPlus each day! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ALL! :)

I'm feeling great and can't wait to see where I am at in another month! Its been pretty neat to see my hips, legs, arms and everything else shrinking away since I started jazzercise!!!!



Karah

6 comments:

  1. holy crap girl. you are doing so awesome. look at that difference and this is just from new years? you are going to be supermodel status before you know it - you've found your perfect exercise regimen and the advocare. you should sell that tredmill if you don't like it, you could get a nice chunk of change! ;) wish i could take it. ha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Those are my before and after pictures from July 2013 and January 2014! I am loving my jazzercise classes and have been consistently working out 5/6 days a week for 7 weeks now! That is a BIG thing for me! Thank you for cheering me on! It means a lot! :)

      Delete
  2. You are doing awesome! Because of you I have started eating clean! Most of the time! Lots of fruits, veggies, lean meat, pistachios, yogurt, shakes made w/ fruits and spinach, etc. I have been doing it for about 2 weeks now and have lost 2lbs. I seen that you put NO fruit after dinner and NO carbs w dinner... I have been limiting myself w carbs anyway, but if I do have carbs w dinner or fruit after dinner, which usually that's what I snack on later if we have an early dinner, is it totally bad and keeping me from losing weight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome!!! You are doing great! That is not totally bad-you are doing great! It just helps to cut back on sugars & carbs in the evening, added sugars and carbs (even if they are in fruit) can just turn into stored fat in our bodies! You don't have to cut carbs at dinner either-stick with your clean carbs and you should be fine. I would suggest having a protein or veggie as a snack after dinner. That will also keep you fuller longer. If you find yourself super hungry at night-up your protein intake during the day! You've got this-sounds like you are doing great already!!

      Delete
    2. And 2lbs in a couple weeks is healthy weight loss! Remember the quicker it comes off-usually the easier it is to put it back on!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete