Thursday, January 2, 2014

What I learned in 2013!

So its is a new year, there will be many new things to come over the next 12 months! I have been reading SO MANY Facebook posts about what 2013 meant to so many people and my post was about what 2014 will bring...So...2013....

When looking back over the past year 2012 and 2013 seemed to have blurred together. I have to go back and really look at time to see just have much things have changed and how much time has passed!

2012 kinda sucked--a lot, mainly for one reason, but I wont go there...So 2013 was something for me to really look forward to and I'm happy to say It was wonderful and awful all at the same time!

In 2013, I learned....

I learned how to truly compromise, how to make somebody happy while making myself happy at the same time.
I learned how much work a relationship truly can be and that I am happy to do the work for the people I love.
While I had already learned the importance of exercise in 2012, but couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting into better shape-in 2013 I learned that what you eat is even more important than how you treat your body in the gym.
I learned that my mother had cancer. Again.
I learned that I really really really hate cancer! Even though her surgery went well and all was removed, I also learned that my sister and I have a higher risk of getting colon cancer now as well. Which led me to eating clean!
I learned how to eat clean! I've learned that I love it!
I learned about AdvoCare and the wonderful products!!!
I learned that when you eat like crap, you will feel like crap! I also learned that I don't want to eat like crap or feel like crap anymore. I want to be healthier! I want the people I care about to also be healthier!
After my moms cancer diagnosis, I also learned that I have an odd way of dealing with things-I like to hide away in my home, by myself.
Again, I learned the importance of eating clean.
I learned how awesome I am at being a social work student and how much I truly love my classes!!
I learned that I can do anything I put my mind to-even college!
I learned that I can set goals, work my butt off and do things on my own.
I learned that my spontaneous side is actually sometimes a good thing and causes me to take risks-good risks that help me attain my goals.
I learned that I might be very different from my mother and sister and that's okay.
I learned that I can't and don't care to please everybody.
I learned a new found joy in working with elderly.
I learned how to slow down, listen and advocate for my elderly clients. They need me.
I learned to step off the scale and trust my body. Go with how I feel, not what the number says!
I learned that the man I love, loves me-every part of me, even the things I don't love about me.
I learned that he had been putting a lot of planning into proposing to me for a long time and I said yes!

I learned that a lot can happen in one year!

The cancer sucks, the 4.0gpa rocked, my love for being a social worker is great, being engaged to the man of my dreams is even better, losing weight and being a healthier me is awesome!

2014 is only going to get better and I can't wait! Graduating college, our wedding and so much more! Ahhh!


Karah
.

No comments:

Post a Comment